Nearby Places Map Plugin
These are the instructions for installing and using the Nearby Places Map plugin to display locations on your website.
What You Need
- The plugin ZIP file with a valid license
- Google Maps API Key
- Sign on to your website and navigate to the plugins page
- Click the "Add New" button
- Click the "Upload Plugin" button
- Click the "Choose File" button and select the nearby-places-map.zip plugin file from your local computer
- Then, click the "Install Now" button
- Finally, click the blue "Activate Plugin" button
- Visit the plugin settings page and add your Google Maps API Key.
- Add the Latitude and Longitude for the "Home" location. This will be automated in the next version. Until then, if you need help with that...
- Open Google Maps and locate your "Place"
- Right-click the place or area on the map. This will open a pop-up window. You can find your latitude and longitude in decimal format at the top.
How to Display your Nearby Places
The plugin uses a shortcode to display the feed. Simply add the shortcode to any page and your locations will be displayed.
Make sure the Google Maps API key has been added to the settings so location lookups are a snap.
Refer to the Admin Demo Video to see how to add locations.